In an ideal situation it is prudent to follow some simple guidelines following treatment that can make all the difference between a fair result and great result. Your recovery period should be simple, carefree, and easy. We realize this is not always possible; however, minimizing these risks is always desirable.
- No straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for the remainder of the day following treatment. It is known that it takes around 4 hours for the Botox to bind itself to the nerve and begin to work, which is why we do not want to increase circulation to that area and wash the Botox away.
- Do not rub or irritate the injection sites. This can cause the Botox to seep into other sites, which may cause undesired results. Wash your face gently. By the next morning, you can resume normal activities.
- Refrain from direct sunlight exposure for the remainder of the day. Botox can cause the skin to be photosensitive, increasing your risk of sunburn.
- Do not lie down for 4 hours following treatment. This is to avoid risk of pressure on the treated areas and to avoid the risk of rubbing the area accidentally.
- Be assured that the tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours. If you need to apply make-up within 4 hours of your treatment, only use a gentle touch to avoid rubbing the treated area.
- Results of your treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect. Please wait at least until the 14 days have passed before assessing if you are pleased with the result. Botox cosmetic is a temporary procedure that can last up to 4 months.
If you should have any questions or concerns regarding your procedure, please do not hesitate to call the office at 415-576-9800.