BOTOX® and Juvederm Pre-Treatment Instructions
Following these simple guidelines before treatment can make the difference between a fair result and great result, by reducing some possible side effects associated with the injections. We realize this is not always possible; however, minimizing these risks is always desirable.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages at least 24-hours prior to treatment
- Alcohol may thin the blood, increasing the risk of bruising
- Avoid anti-inflammatory and blood thinning medications for a period of two (2) weeks prior to treatment
- Medications and supplements such as Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vioxx, and other NSAIDS are all blood thinning and can increase the risk of bruising/swelling after injections
- Discontinue Retin-A two (2) days before and two (2) days after treatment
- It is not desirable to have a very special event occurring, due to the risk of bruising and swelling at the injection sites
If you should have any questions or concerns regarding your procedure, please do not hesitate to call the office at 415-576-9800.